From the main view of a ToolScope, press the fourth softkey from the left ("Configuration") to switch the view to a display in which you can configure the selected monitoring channel. The next figure shows an example of a configuration view.
Example configuration view for a monitoring channel
The configuration view for a monitoring channel is split into two areas:
- On the left of the screen, you can see the selection for the monitoring algorithm and the selection for the monitoring input data. The entry in the "Monitoring" selection field determines which monitoring procedure is applied to the sensor data in this monitoring channel. In figure 8, the "Tolerance ranges (time)" channel has been selected.
- On the right of the screen, you can see general options with which the monitoring algorithm can be adapted. For almost all monitoring algorithms, there is a selection box in the top right of the screen, with which you can determine which process can be adapted. For all new processes, the "Fully automatic" (default) settings are applied. However, the "Fixed", "Statistic", "Dynamic" and "Six Sigma" settings are also possible. A special process can only be configured once it has been saved for the first time.
You can also switch to this view during running, active monitoring and change the corresponding settings on the right-hand side. The changes are applied as soon as you select a different process or exit the configuration view.
With the second and third softkeys ("Previous element" / "Next element") you can switch from one control element to the next. In each case, the mouse pointer moves to the currently selected element. This enables easy visual orientation.
If you press the enter key (yellow key on Siemens 840D) or select key (840D) in a selection field, the individual elements of the selection field will be displayed in a list view.
Figure 9 shows the list view based on the example of the "Limit calculation" selection field.
In selection fields, you can select a list view by pressing the arrow buttons ( ↑, ↓ ) and can exit the field by pressing the enter key or by pressing "Select". The "Process selection" field also enables text input, allowing you to limit the displayed list entries to entries that contain the input text.
If you press on the second and third softkeys "(Previous element" / "Next element") to select a text field that contains a number, you can change the field contents by pressing the arrow keys:
- Arrow up: Increase the value
- Arrow down: Reduce the value
- Page up: Significant increase in value
- Page down: Significant reduction in value
A field turns red as soon as you enter an invalid value (e.g. a number field in which you have entered a letter). As soon as you exit the field, it resets itself to the last meaningful content.
If you have selected a checkbox by pressing the second and third softkeys ("Previous element" / "Next element"), you can set and delete the checkmark in the box by pressing the select or enter key.
Many ToolScope monitoring algorithms apply newly input values directly, so that the display adapts to the current values after each key stroke.