This article describes the setup of a permanent connection of ToolScope / SoftScope / ToolScope Server to a box in the KOMET Cloud.
Please follow the below Steps to configure ToolScope to connect to Komet Cloud via SFTP protocol.
Configure your access.
Server arda-cloud.kometgroup.com Port 5251 User name Your five-digit-box-number Password Your box password.
Please take care for upper-case and lower-case letters
- Open "Network connection" under "Settings" tab.
- Enter any name in the textbox as "Name of connection". Example : CloudConnection
Click "Add new connection" button. A new tab will open with name you have entered as "Network connection".
Now in new tab, please select SFTP from the "Network protocol" drop down menu. Default is "Windows network".
Enter all the fields, given as an example in Figure 2.
- Can keep "Subdirectory" field blank.
Click on "Test connection".
A message will appear and show what type of access you have (Read/Write or both Read and Write). Example shown in Figure 3.
Set up the “File collector” to upload any log files to the newly configured cloud server
- Expand the "Data export" and select "File collector", a setup tab will be open as shown in Figure 5.
- In settings make sure "Active" checkbox is "checked".
- Enter value for "Number of collection-tasks". By default it will be always "1" as shown in Figure 5.
- Depending on "Number of collection-tasks" you will find "Task #". If "Number of collection-tasks" is "2" then you will find "Task #1" and "Task #2".
- "Source channel" can be blank or if you have multiple "Task #", then can enter different Channel no for different task. If blank it will consider all the channels and collect all logs from ToolScope Log directory.
- If you wants to keep the "ToolScope" Log directory structure as it is in Cloud server, please make "Copy directory structure to target" checked.
- If you wants to copy only files with specific name or type, then mention the same inside "Collect all files that contain the following string".
- If you wants to create a new folder inside Cloud and then wants to copy the log files, then enter a name in "Subdirectory".
- Now, you need to choose a "Network connection" from the drop-down list. For this you must choose your cloud connection name.
- All the shift log csv files are saved inside "Logs\Logs\Service\Shift Log" of ToolScope. By default it will be copied in Cloud server once you activate the "File Collector".
- Find a typical configuration example in Figure 6. Here we wants to copy "Channel 1" CSV files and Shift Log files in a folder name "xxxx" in cloud server.
Note : Make sure you have both read write access for your box.