This article is about the connection of a ToolScope to a human machine interface of a Siemens 840D control which is equipped with the Siemens software "HMI Advanced".
Our "Installation package" contains files which must be copied to the "/oem/sinumerik/hmi/" directory of the NC card.
- The archive contains a directory tree. Copy it accordingly. Ensure that you copy the version that is suitable for the respective software status of the solution line.
- Adapt the device's IP address in the "ToolScope_Connector.ini" file.
- When copying the "systemconfiguration.ini" file, ensure that this file does not already exist in the target directory. Follow the instructions provided in "systemconfiguration.ini" that is documented in detail.
- Do the "systemconfiguration.ini" documentation
Copy & paste templates from BRINKHAUS for installation in /oem/sinumerik/hmi/cfg/systemconfiguration.ini.
From the Siemens programming package:
"... In the "processes", "areas" and "dialogs" sections,
the number range 500-999 is reserved for OEM customers.
... The operating-range menu displays the configured names of the operating ranges from systemconfiguration.ini as text on the operating range softkeys. In doing so, it automatically searches for a free softkey on the horizontal softkey bar for each operating range. ..."
The number "501" used below must not be used in any systemconfiguration.ini from the following directories for dialogs or areas.
>> In the event of a conflict, either change our "501", or change the affected number in other files.
AREA0501= name:=ToolScope, dialog:=TSVNCCdialog
DLG0501= name:=TSVNCCdialog, implementation:=slgfw.SlGfwHmiDialog, process:=SlHmiHost1, preload:=true, terminate:=false, cmdline:="-conf tsvnccdialog.hmi"
- TSVNCC for Operate can read out NC variables from version 20140812 onwards and make them available to ToolScope so that they can be read out using the "Remote access" driver. The configuration of the "OPCConnector" TSVNCC module to be used is explained in TODO Brinkhaus